Remove all non-essential items from exposed surfaces.
Tape a line on the floor 1.5 metres from the doctor’s/nurse’s chair/desk as a physical indicator to maintain social distancing when possible.
Make sure you have enough personal protective equipment in the room, including spares.
Check that the room has handwashing facilities and enough hand sanitiser/tissues.
Place a clinical waste disposal bin in a convenient location.
Put all relevant pathology forms, examination tools, etc in the room to avoid having to leave the room.
Have relevant health and follow-up information ready to give the patient:
- COVID-19 information
- isolation guidance
- referral information
- follow-up details.
Infection prevention and control reminder
- standard precautions include
- contact precautions (in addition to standard precautions) include
- droplet precautions (in addition to standard precautions) include
- airborne precautions (in addition to standard, contact and droplet precautions) include
Maintain social distancing:
- stay behind the 1.5-metre line on the floor when possible.