Date: 16 December 2022
The RACGP has provided a response to the Department of Health and Aged Care consultation on the establishment of a Centre for Disease Control (CDC).
The response highlights the importance of:
- formal and permanent GP representation in future CDC governance arrangements
- inclusion of non-communicable chronic disease prevention and management in the scope of the CDC, as well as for communicable disease
- adopting lessons learnt from the COVID-19 pandemic
- general practice data and inclusion of GP researchers in the interpretation of data sourced from general practice
- stakeholder engagement across Australia’s diverse communities, including those with the poorest health outcomes.
Read the RACGP’s response
RACGP response to the consultation on the establishment of a Centre for Disease Control (PDF)