Who do we collect personal information from?
We collect personal information directly from you. In addition, we may in some cases receive personal information from a third party.
What type of information do we collect?
Depending on your role and the nature of the service we provide to you we collect information such as:
- Applicants: Name, contact details, gender, date & country of birth, curriculum vitae, qualifications, information regarding your examination results, general practice position.
- Supervisors: Name, contact details, gender, date & country of birth, curriculum vitae, biography, membership, and accreditation details.
- Practice: contact details, practice demographics, details of general practitioners working at the practice, location demographics and services, scope of practice for the applicant, supervisor’s roster and practice orientation plan.
For what purpose do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about you to:
- administer and manage your PESCI.
- fulfil our functions, responsibilities under and facilitate compliance of the delivery of the PESCI as required by the Department of Health (which require us to collect certain information) including to maintain appropriate records.
- provide information to third parties as authorised or required by law.
What if we didn't collect this personal information?
Without your personal information we may not be able to administer and deliver the PESCI, perform our contractual obligations or provide you with some or all of the services of RACGP as a PESCI delivery provider.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Australian regulators (such as Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), Australian Medical Council (AMC)
- third parties as required by law
We are unlikely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. We use the services of third-party service providers located within or outside Australia, such as Canada, and in such cases, we take reasonable steps, including by contract provisions, to ensure these service providers do not breach Australian Privacy Principles. All service providers that have access to personal information held by us are required to keep the information confidential and not to make use of it for any purpose other than to provide services in accordance with their engagement.
You can access and correct your personal information