You do not have to tolerate sexual harassment by any person
This brief guide has been designed to support general practitioners (GPs) and general practice staff in responding to sexual harassment by patients or their carers (referred to as ‘patients’ in this guide).
The guide includes information on:
- The definition of sexual harassment and how this is applied under Australian law
- The impacts of sexual harassment
- How to respond if you experience sexual harassment by a patient
- What to do if you witness another person being sexually harassed by a patient at the practice
- How to respond if you are being stalked by a patient
- How to discontinue care where safety concerns exist
- How to help prevent sexual harassment by patients and create a safe environment for staff.