Interview dates and times
Interviews will be held on the following dates:
- Saturday 14 October
- Sunday 15 October
- Monday 16 October
- Tuesday 17 October
- Wednesday 18 October
- Thursday 19 October
Eligible applicants will be sent an email by 5pm AEST Wednesday 20 September 2023 to book in for an interview.
Interviews are held online in the format of multiple mini-interviews, where you will be asked five different questions by five different interviewers.
You will have up to 2 minutes reading time and 8 minutes response time for each question.
You should allow up to 2.5 hours to participate in the interview.
Interview question preparation
Each question is based on one of the five domains of general practice. Included will be a question that has a focus on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, as well as a question with a rural context.
The criteria against which the question will be marked are based on some of the core competency outcomes in each domain. Some of the criteria may come from other domains if relevant. For the sample question below the criteria are mainly from Domain 1 but also from Domain 4 (4.2.2).
Preparing for your interview
As the interviews take place online, you will need to ensure you:
- are undertaking the interview in a quiet space, free from disruptions, with no other people in the room
- have access to two forms of internet (i.e. wifi and hotspot)
- are on a computer with Zoom already installed
- have access to a computer with a microphone and camera. You must be able to be easily heard, your face must be clearly able to be seen and not far away from the camera. You must also be able to hear and see the interviewer’s screen.
- do not use a Zoom background (image or blurred) as they are not permissible.
We strongly encourage you to undertake a Zoom test on the device you will be using well in advance of your interview to:
- ensure Zoom is installed on your computer
- check your video
- check your audio.
Interview FAQs and useful resources
Please see below a list of commonly asked questions about interviews and other useful resources. If you have a question that isn’t on the FAQs, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.