There are six main eligibility criteria you need to meet to apply for the AGPT Program
- Do you have a recognised medical qualification?
- Do you hold, or expect to hold, general medical registration before commencement of training?
- Are you currently participating on any other medical training programs? Are you willing to resign from these programs if required?
- Are you an Australian or New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident? Or are you on a temporary visa and obtained your degree at an Australian or New Zealand university? Or are you on an accepted temporary visa with an active Australian permanent residency application?
- If you are an international medical graduate, have you met all Australian Medical Council (AMC) requirements (or the Competent Authority Pathway)?
- If you have already sat RACGP Fellowship exams (since January 2019), do you have at least one exam semester remaining (as per the Fellowship Exams Policy)?
Check your eligibility and find more detail, including accepted visa types, in our AGPT Eligibility and Application Guide.