The Fellowship Support Program (FSP) is fully funded by registrars (i.e. there is no subsidy currently available).
Individual fees can differ depending on which term you are in and your program time.
Refer to the table below to find out program costs to be covered by the registrar.
In training fees
|RACGP Membership fee (Registrar) 1 July 2023 – 30 June 2024 (pro-rata)
|$573 AUD per year
|$10,000 AUD per term
$6,000 AUD per term
|To be announced soon.
|Change in circumstance application (to change training site/location)
|$200 per Change in Circumstance application
|Withdrawal – prior to commencement of training
|$500 withdrawal fee retained; remainder of term fee refunded
|Withdrawal – after commencement of training (within 1 calendar month)
|$1000 withdrawal fee retained; remainder of term fee refunded
|Withdrawal – after commencement of training (after 1 calendar month)
|Full term fee retained (no refund)
Fees may be subject to change.
Fees are payable upon issue of your Program Agreement (by the specified due date) for the first term, and four weeks prior to each consecutive term (unless alternative payment arrangements are made with the College prior).
The information below will help you to understand what is and isn't included in the fees:
Included in the fee:
- Eligibility assessment
- IT infrastructure
- Processing, approval, and compliance monitoring of Provider Numbers
- Practice and supervisor training accreditation and support
- National administrative, clinical, and management staff.
- Individualised Program Training Coordinator and Medical Educator case management and support
- Small group learning activities with Medical Educators
- Protected time for educational supervision (in-practice teaching).
- All workplace-based assessment activities for the purposes of education feedback and monitoring progression - this includes the multi-source feedback and registrars' clinical encounters in training (ReCEnT) tools
- Access to a learning management system with comprehensive learning modules mapped to the RACGP curriculum and syllabus
- Fellowship assessment preparation materials including webinars and focused exam support.
Not included in the fee:
- Recognised prior learning experience (RPLE) applications
- Optional education workshops
- Travel, accommodation and additional expenses that may be required
- General practice experience assessment application
- FRACGP Fellowship exam enrolment
- Application for RACGP Fellowship
- Remediation if required
- FRACGP-Rural Generalist fees (optional program)
- Post-Education administration of Provider Number and candidacy
Post-education component fees
Post-education is the stage that starts once you finish your allocated FSP training program time (ie 18 or 24 months) and until you achieve Fellowship of the RACGP.
The post-education component of the FSP gives you time to fulfil Fellowship requirements, including accruing sufficient general practice experience as assessed by the Assessment of General Practice Experience Policy and completing Fellowship exams. It’s a maximum of three years following the education component, and it ends when you achieve Fellowship of the RACGP; enter another RACGP Fellowship program (such as AGPT); or withdraw from your Fellowship program, voluntarily or involuntarily.
What does the post-education fee cover?
The post-education fee covers:
• Program administration and IT infrastructure
• Management of Medicare provider numbers
• Monitoring exam eligibility and progress.
What is not covered by the fee:
• attendance at optional paid exam preparation courses and workshops
• travel, accommodation, and additional expenses that you may incur in the course of training
• General Practice Experience Assessments
• enrolment in Fellowship exams
• application for RACGP Fellowship
• remediation, if required.
Is the change training site/location fee specific to the post-education phase?
Yes. Rather than apply an increase to the annual fee for all applicants in post-education, a fee specifically for those who need to change practices after their education program period has been made to cover the administration costs of this process.
Prior to the commencement of an FSP term, if you have accepted your Program Agreement and paid your term invoice and then withdraw from the program, either voluntarily or involuntarily, your payment will be refunded for that term minus a $500 withdrawal fee.
Once a FSP term has commenced, if you withdraw, either voluntarily or involuntarily, within one calendar month, your payment for that term will be refunded minus a $1000 withdrawal fee.
Once a FSP term has commenced, if you withdraw, either voluntarily or involuntarily, after one calendar month has passed, your payment for that term or any previous terms will not be refunded.
Note that if you decide to voluntarily withdraw from the training program, your decision is subject to a cooling off period of 20 business days to give you time to reconsider your decision (as per the Withdrawal Policy).