The NSW&ACT faculty supports members across NSW&ACT
We are committed to advocating for the profession and to providing members with opportunities for participation, quality education and collegiality.
The NSW&ACT faculty offers a range of services to help you achieve your professional goals, including:
- Faculty events – range of face-to-face events and webinars hosted by our faculty. View our upcoming events.
- Digital events - The RACGP Digital Events program of virtual activities delivers education on a range of topics for all GPs at all stages of their career and RACGP members have complimentary access to live webinars, on-demand content, simulated webcasts.
- Podcasts – NSW&ACT faculty run podcasts including Just a GP and Practice THAT! and Reception Insider.
- RACGP NSW&ACT Facebook page provides members access to timely and practical information about upcoming events, activities and updates on various areas/issues that affect general practice in NSW&ACT. This page is for GPs only and offers a platform for GPs to collaborate, discuss and share information. Join here.
RACGP NSW&ACT Awards
The RACGP Awards are a wonderful opportunity to acknowledge the exceptional work of practices, GPs, GPs in training or supervisors in your state/territory. Rewarding, recognising and validating the work of GPs is an essential part of role-modelling and exemplifying quality practice around the country.
Congratulations to all of the exceptional GPs, GPs in training and general practices across Australia who have been awarded an RACGP Award for their state.
- 2021 GP of the Year – Dr Karen Douglas
- 2021 GP Supervisor of the Year – Dr Saif Al Khadi
- 2021 General Practitioner in Training of the Year – Dr Isabel Hanson
- 2021 General Practice of the Year – Raymond Terrace Family Practice
2021 RACGP NSW&ACT Eric Fisher Award – New Fellows Award
The Eric Fisher Award celebrates a New Fellow who has gone out of their way to look after the mental and physical wellbeing of colleagues, staff and themselves. The timing of this inaugural award couldn’t be better given the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Congratulations to our 2021 RACGP NSW&ACT Eric Fisher Award recipient: Dr Karimi Williams
2020 Awards – NSW&ACT recipients
- 2020 GP of the Year – Dr Duncan MacKinnon
- 2020 GP Supervisor of the Year – Dr Aniello Iannuzzi
- 2020 General Practitioner in Training of the Year – Dr Josephine Guyer
- 2020 General Practice of the Year – YourGP@Crace
- Eric Fisher Award: Dr Ashlea Broomfield
2022 Fellowship and Awards ceremony
The RACGP Fellowship Ceremony is a celebratory occasion to honour new Fellows and formally recognise the hard work and dedication required to achieve RACGP Fellowship.
RACGP NSW&ACT will host following Fellowship ceremonies in 2022:
- Saturday 26 February 2022 – National Museum of Australia, Canberra, ACT
- Sunday 27 February 2022 – National Museum of Australia, Canberra, ACT
- Saturday 26 March 2022 – SMC Function Centre, Sydney CBD
- Saturday 7 May 2022 – SMC Function Centre, Sydney CBD
- Saturday 3 September 2022 – National Museum of Australia, Canberra, ACT
- Saturday 3 December 2022 – International Convention Centre, Darling Harbour
Registration will be available soon at the NSW&ACT faculty events page.
RACGP Plus – Your benefit of being a member
Explore a wide range of professional and personal benefits including general practice services, equipment and supplies, to automotive, travel, electronics, and wellbeing offers from some of Australia's biggest brands. Explore here