Critical incident and adverse event management and reporting
Critical incident and adverse event management reporting is an important component of training management that is a joint responsibility of training organisations and the RACGP. It is important for addressing adverse outcomes, preventing harm and for quality improvement.
Critical incident and other significant adverse event reporting is a requirement for training organisations within the ‘Accreditation management agreement’.
The ‘Training organisation adverse event and critical incident reporting guideline’ provides direction for training organisations managing events involving general practitioners in training (GPiT).
Training organisations will:
- educate GPiT, supervisors and practices on the need to report any situations
- on becoming aware of a situation, manage appropriately to support the safety of the registrar and patient
- discuss the incident, adverse event or significant complaint with the relevant censor, including outlining the steps undertaken by the training organisation after becoming aware of the information
- complete the report form below
- send the completed report to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding critical incident and adverse event reporting, please contact the Accreditation Unit at email@example.com