Education Research Grants
Education Research Grants (ERGs) aim to continue to build Regional Training Organisation research capability in medical education and training with a specific focus on education improvement. The overarching objective is to develop evidence-based education initiatives that increase training capacity and improve educational outcomes. ERGs are awarded via a competitive process to Regional Training Organisations (RTOs), that partner with academic institutions to undertake and complete a research project.
In late 2016, the Department of Health devolved responsibility for the education research grants (ERG) program to the GP Colleges. The RACGP is administering three grants for the 2016-2017 ERG cohort and five grants for the 2017-18 ERG intake.
2017 ERG projects:
- GPTQ - Global Assessment Tools in (medical) Education (GATE)
- GPTT – Adapting and validating a tool to measure the supervisory relationship of GP supervisors
- GPTT – A qualitative study of the experience of GP supervisors and GP registrars in the management of older patients with chronic disease
2017 – 2018 ERG projects:
- GP Synergy - Improving guideline compliance for prescription of benzodiazepines and related drugs in general practice registrars: a pragmatic trial employing a non-equivalent control groups design and post-intervention qualitative evaluation.
- GP Synergy - Design, delivery and evaluation of an educational intervention for GP registrars in reviewing older patients’ medication regimens and de-prescribing inappropriate medications.
- EVGPT - Feedback exchanges, supervisory relationships and the educational alliance: implications for GP registrar and supervisor training and support.
- GPEx - Measuring the educational alliance with supervisors from the registrar perspective.
- GPTT - Supervising GP Registrars – who does and doesn’t participate and why?
Expression of Interest for 2018 – 2019 round
Expressions of interest for the 2018-2019 RACGP Education Research Grants intake will open March 2018.
Information on how to apply for the 2018-2019 round of RACGP Education Research Grants will be available early 2018.
The RACGP Education Research Grants EOI and applications guide for 2017 – 2018 is provided as background.
The Education Research Grants guidance documents provide comprehensive information for current and prospective grant holders and their regional training organisations.
For further enquiries about education research grants, please contact the GP Education Research Team at RACGP via email at: email@example.com