Who do we collect personal information from?
We generally collect personal information directly from you. However, in order to facilitate transition of the Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program to RACGP effective 1st February 2023 we have also received personal information from third parties including the Department of Health and Regional Training Organisations to ensure effective and seamless provision of AGPT program services. In addition, we may in some cases receive personal information from a third party (for instance if we receive a complaint) and when it is relevant to our statutory responsibilities (for instance other regulators who have dealt with you).
What type of information do we collect?
Depending on your role and the nature of the service we provide to you we collect information such as:
- Registrars: Name, contact details, gender, date & country of birth, resume, qualifications, photograph, banking details, TFN, Medicare Provider Number, PBS prescriber number, STEM number, information regarding your examination results, training records and participation and progress in the AGPT program
- Supervisors: Name, contact details, gender, date & country of birth, resume, biography, photograph, membership and accreditation details, banking details, TFN, Medicare Provider Number, PBS prescriber number, STEM number.
- Practice Staff: Name, contact details, gender, resume, biography, photograph, banking details, TFN,
- Facility: contact details, accreditation details, banking details, Medicare details, practice staff, practice specialities
For what purpose do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about you to:
- administer and manage the AGPT program.
- facilitate the provision of Medicare Provider Numbers through Services Australia Medicare (Medicare) and any incentive payments such as the Workforce Incentive Program (WIP).
- other incidental matters to enable AGPT program delivery including:
- facilitate quality assurance purposes and other program activities such as promotion of the AGPT Program, and
- conduct research, including research relevant to public health or public safety, for example to further refine the selection process and AGPT Program Policies.
- fulfil our functions, responsibilities under and facilitate compliance of the delivery of the AGPT Program as required by the Department of Health (which require us to collect certain information) including to maintain appropriate records.
- provide information to third parties as authorised or required by law.
What if we didn't collect this personal information?
Without your personal information we may not be able to administer and deliver the AGPT Program, perform our contractual obligations or provide you with some or all of the services of RACGP as a AGPT Program delivery provider.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Australian regulators (such as Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), Australian Medical Council (AMC)
- Government agencies departments and entities (such as the Department of Health, Services Australia, Department of Home Affairs, State and territory health jurisdictions, primary health networks, Rural Health Workforce Australia and Rural Workforce Agencies, Workforce Prioritisation Planning Organisation (WPPO), Australian Defence Force)
- subsidiaries & related bodies corporate of the RACGP.
- our professional advisors and contractors (strictly on the basis that the information is to be used only for providing services to the RACGP and must not be disclosed).
- third parties as required by law
- my alternate contact
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM)
We are unlikely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. Where we use the services of certain third-party service providers which may have offices or other operations outside of Australia, we have required that your personal information be retained in Australia wherever possible. All service providers that have access to personal information held by us are required to keep the information confidential and not to make use of it for any purpose other than to provide services in accordance with their engagement.
You can access and correct your personal information