Training location obligations
The Department of Health and Aged Care requires all registrars on the AGPT program to undertake 12 calendar months of their GP term or extended skills training in any of the following:
- a rural location classified Modified Monash Model (MMM) 2-7
- an outer metropolitan location
- a non-capital city classified as MMM 1
- an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health training post in an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service or other approved Aboriginal Medical Service
- two six-month terms in any combination of the above locations.
If registrars cannot meet their AGPT training location obligations in their allocated sub-region, they may need to undertake them outside their existing sub-region.
The RACGP's sub-regions may also have additional training location obligations.