Date: 23 September 2016
The Department of Health has commissioned a review panel to conduct an independent review of Pharmacy Remuneration and Regulation. The Review Panel released a discussion paper on 27 July 2016. The RACGP submission to the Review Panel covers:
- role of pharmacists
- retail versus healthcare environment
- pharmacy location and ownership rules
- taxpayer expenditure on pharmacy and pharmaceuticals
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- alternative model for pharmacy.