Charles Bridges-Webb Oration 2017 - Canberra
Time: 6.00 - 8.00pm Venue: Rydges Capital Hill, 17 Canberra Ave, Forrest ACT 2603
The NSW&ACT Faculty would like to extend an invitation to members and non-members to the 2017 RACGP NSW&ACT State Awards and Fellowship ceremony. This year the awards ceremony (including the distribution of Pins and Life Membership) will be combined with the Charles Bridges-Webb Oration in Canberra on 21 July 2017.
Professor Bill Thompson, editor, researcher, author and Director of the Music, Sound and Performance Lab at Macquarie University will present on the varied therapeutic health benefits of music on the elderly. Held in memory of Dr. Charles Bridges-Webb, the oration highlights people making a difference within the community.
Later events include the distribution of National Awards as GP17 in Sydney (25 October 2017), and a second Charles Bridge-Webb Oration (30 August 2017).
non-member sign up link: https://www.racgp.org.au/user/signup/
Starting a Private Practice- Canberra
Become the master of your own destiny
Time: 8.45am - 4.15pm
Venue: Rydges Capital Hill, 17 Canberra Ave, Forrest ACT 2603
New Fellows, registrars, international medical graduates, GPs and practice managers, prepare for and get a head start in general practice with this one day interactive and practical workshop to prepare for the challenge of establishing and managing a successful practice.
1. identify the key elements for setting up a private practice
2. consider business plans and tax structures relevant to setting up in private practice
3. access tools and resources that will support a start in private practice
4. consider practice accreditation and its impact on business and quality patient care
5. clarify personal goals that will inform business decisions concerning
starting up a private practice