Reports, submissions and outcomes
RACGP Submission to the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care: Response to the Commission’s Consultation Paper on Australian Safety and Quality Goals for Health Care
8 February 2012
The RACGP provides the following responses to the questions of the ACSQHC as listed below:
- How do you think national safety and quality Goals could add value to your existing efforts to improve the safety and quality of care?
- Do you agree with the topics that have been included as Goals and priority areas? Are there other areas that should be considered?
- What do you think about the specificity of the Goals and priority areas? Are they too broad or specific?
- Do you think that there should be specific targets attached to the Goal or priority area? If so, what form should such a target take?
- How do you see the Goals applying in different healthcare settings or for different population groups?
- What systems, policies, strategies, programs, processes and initiatives already exist that could contribute to achievement of the Goals?
- What do you think should be the initial priorities for action under the Goals?
- How could the different stakeholders within the healthcare system be engaged in working towards achievement of the Goals?
- What barriers exist in achieving the Goals? How could these be overcome?