The RACGP Foundation is pleased to offer two PhD top-up scholarships to support outstanding GPs and GPs in training to undertake PhD research in 2024. These scholarships are offered in partnership with university departments of general practice to facilitate the pursuit of rigorous research in general practice.
- Applicants must be a GP who has attained FRACGP or FACRRM, a GP in training, or accepted into the GP training program for commencement in 2024.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must undertake the PhD at an Australian university.
- Applicants must have applied for or received a primary scholarship or equivalent salary support from their university.
- Applicants are eligible to apply if they are commencing the first year of a PhD by 31 March 2024, or if they will have completed less than 12 months of full-time equivalent enrolment as at 1 January 2024. The duration of the top-up scholarship will be reduced by the amount of time already undertaken towards the PhD prior to commencement of the top-up.
- Applicants must be undertaking a research project that is directly relevant to general practice and the RACGP's priorities and strategic objectives.
- An academic GP must be actively involved in the supervision of the applicant's research.
- $25,000 per annum for a maximum 3.5 years for full-time PhD candidates, or pro-rata for a maximum 7 years for part-time candidates.
- $5,000 per annum (or pro-rata for part-time candidates) provided for use towards professional development and research translation activities.
- A peer cohort experience and opportunities for networking and industry placements within the RACGP, where possible.
- Applications open 4 September 2023
- Applications close 3 November 2023, 5:00pm
- Outcomes notified by 22 December 2023
- Funding agreements executed January 2024
- Commencement by 31 March 2024
For more information on the scholarships, including selection criteria and FAQs, please download the Information for Applicants and view the information webinar below.
How to apply
Applications will be accepted from Monday 4 September until Friday 3 November.
For any questions regarding the PhD Scholarships, please email email@example.com.