AFP in Practice questions are designed to get you started in a small group learning (SGL) activity
in your practice or with colleagues. Requirements to earn 40 Category 1 CPD points for a SGL
activity are: minimum of four and a maximum of 10 people, minimum of 8 hours of discussion in
a year, and at least two GPs. Groups may include anyone else who has an interest (ie. practice
nurses, community health workers, allied health professionals). A kit with all the instructions and
forms you need is available at www.racgp.org.au/afpinpractice.
After completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- conduct a consultation aiming to change the health beliefs of a patient
- identify the required monitoring and impact on preventive activities of disease modifying anti-rheumatic medications (DMARDs)
- suggest ways to minimise the functional impact of arthritis on a patient
- describe your approach to complementary medicines
- examine and identify improvements in practice systems to identify patients taking DMARDs.
Download the PDF for the full article.