AFP in Practice questions are designed to get you started in a small group learning (SGL) activity
in your practice or with colleagues. Requirements to earn 40 Category 1 CPD points for a SGL
activity are: minimum of four and a maximum of 10 people, minimum of 8 hours of discussion in
a year, and at least two GPs. Groups may include anyone else who has an interest (ie. practice
nurses, community health workers, allied health professionals). A kit with all the instructions and
forms you need is available at www.racgp.org.au/afpinpractice. You can also earn Category 2
points based on these questions at AFP practice challenge. Visit www.gplearning.com.au
After completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- integrate knowledge of minor head injury management into a consultation
- suggest triggers to suggest a serious but uncommon childhood presentation
- describe recommended prophylaxis for contacts of a child with meningococcal disease
- identify, and find solutions to, gaps in your practice’s drugs and equipment to manage a childhood emergency
- examine the triage protocols for children in your practice for areas to improve.
Download the PDF for the full article.