AFP in Practice questions are designed to get you started in a small group learning (SGL) activity
in your practice or with colleagues. Requirements to earn 40 Category 1 CPD points for a SGL
activity are: minimum of four and a maximum of 10 people, minimum of 8 hours of discussion in
a year, and at least two GPs. Groups may include anyone else who has an interest (ie. practice
nurses, community health workers, allied health professionals). A kit with all the instructions and
forms you need is available at www.racgp.org.au/afpinpractice.
After completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- apply advanced communication skills to a problem in a consultation
- discuss critically a range of options to manage a drug misuse problem
- recognise and cite evidence for and against a view of whether a problem exists
- suggest challenges and possible solutions to professional role challenges
- describe the local addiction medicine services and how to access appropriate services for your patients.
Download the PDF for the full article.