AFP in Practice questions are designed to get you started in a small group learning (SGL) activity
in your practice or with colleagues. Requirements to earn 40 Category 1 CPD points for a SGL
activity are: minimum of four and a maximum of 10 people, minimum of 8 hours of discussion in
a year, and at least two GPs. Groups may include anyone else who has an interest (ie. practice
nurses, community health workers, allied health professionals). A kit with all the instructions and
forms you need is available at www.racgp.org.au/afpinpractice. You can also earn Category 2
points based on these questions at AFP practice challenge. Visit www.gplearning.com.au
After completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- discuss critically issues in using interpreters in consultations
- describe their approach to a health problem
- use an online resource for palliative care for assistance in patient care
- examine their approach to self care after difficult consultations
- construct a method to improve interpreter use in their practice.
Download the PDF for the full article.