AFP in Practice questions are designed to get you started in a small group learning (SGL) activity in your practice or with colleagues. Requirements to earn 40 Category 1 CPD points for a SGL activity are: minimum of four and a maximum of 10 people, minimum of 8 hours of discussion in a year, and at least two GPs. Groups may include anyone else who has an interest (ie. practice nurses, community health workers, allied health professionals). A kit with all the instructions and forms you need is available at www.racgp.org.au/afpinpractice. You can also earn Category 2 points based on these questions at AFP practice challenge. Visit www.gplearning.com.au
After completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- apply a range of communication strategies when discussing potentially sensitive areas
- describe the equipment required for a specific office procedure or the aftercare of a patient who has had a specific surgical procedure
- identify deficiencies and potential improvement in the identification and management of patients who have had a splenectomy
- use a range of relevant patient information sources
- discuss the role of the compounding pharmacist.
Download the PDF for the full article.