2021 RACGP Specific Interests Council elections: Nominations now open
Nominations are now open for a number of RACGP Specific Interests (RACGPSI) Chair positions.
There’s no better opportunity to move the speciality forward, shape RACGP advocacy and ensure your general practice community’s views are heard than by nominating for one of these positions.
To submit your nomination, email a brief statement outlining your reasons for nominating and your experience in your interest area to email@example.com
Nominations close at 12.00 pm (AEST) on Monday 2 August 2021.
Voting for the contested positions will open on Monday 9 August 2021 and close at 12.00 pm AEST on Monday 23 August 2021.
RACGP Fellows and Members, including current Chairs, can nominate.
RACGPSI network chair positions up for election
- Addiction Medicine
- Aerospace Medicine
- Antenatal and Postnatal Care
- Breast Medicine
- Cancer and Palliative Care
- Climate and Environmental Health
- Hospital Medicine
- Medical Education
- Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Pain Management
- Psychological Medicine
- Refugee Health
- Sexual Health Medicine
About the RACGP Specific Interests Council
The RACGP Specific Interests Council is comprised of the Chairs of each of the Specific Interest Groups (SIGs).
RACGPSI Chairs are elected for a period of two years, with the term concluding at the Faculty Member Meeting.
How to nominate
If you are interested in nominating to be the Chair of your group, please follow these steps:
- Submit your nomination to be Chair by 12.00 pm (AEST) Monday 2 August 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include a brief (up to 500 words) overview of your experience in your area of interest and why you would like to be the Chair.
The position of Chair will be elected from the current membership of the group and:
- Must be a current Fellow or Member of the RACGP
- Must be registered with AHPRA as a specialist general practitioner.
If there are multiple nominations, there will be a vote by electronic ballot of members of the who are eligible to vote.
Who can vote?
If there are multiple nominations, there will be a vote by electronic ballot of members eligible to vote.
To be eligible to vote you must be:
- an RACGP Fellow, Member or Registrar Associate
- a member of the RACGPSI subject group electing the Chair.
We’re here to help
If you have any questions regarding Chair positions, please email email@example.com.