Keeler auriscope


Item details

Object number M-672
Manufacturer Keeler
Place London
Date 1970s
Category Otologic instruments
Material Metal, Battery powered

Description

This auriscope was manufactured by the Keeler Company of the United Kingdom in about 1960. The company’s instrument-making line was inaugurated by its founder Charles D Keeler in about 1917, however the company itself was not incorporated until twenty years later. From 1935 onwards, the company operated from the English regional town of Windsor. The item shown is made from metals and polymers and is stored in a felt-lined carrying case