About the pilot program
The Practice to Practice pilot program aims to link up practices and GPs which are based in different Modified Monash Model (MMM) areas, and to encourage a mutually beneficial relationship to develop between them. This relationship could include: opportunities for coaching and mentoring, locum opportunities, exposure to different skills and services, peer to peer support, problem solving, and remote telehealth workforce support. Each relationship will be different, depending on the needs of the practices.
Get involved in the pilot program to find out what it’s like to work in another geographic location, experience the challenges of a different community and access mentoring or training – all while receiving peer support from GPs already working in these communities. Working as a GP in a new setting will boost your professional development and open up new career possibilities. It’s also an opportunity to be part of a bigger purpose and make a difference a diverse range of health outcomes.
The RACGP will support you along the way with guidelines and resources to help you make the most of the program.
- Locum opportunities: locum in your partner practice, fill short workforce gaps and continue to meet community needs.
- Peer support: access to GPs and partner practice teams to expand your network, exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Professional development: opportunities for coaching, mentoring, work experience, training and advice.
- National approach: maximise the benefits of existing relationships and increase opportunities for national practice links.
- Rural exposure: experience rural challenges and benefits first-hand.
- Make a difference: be part of a bigger purpose to help address health inequities.
Register your interest
Find your partner practice
Make contact with potential partners.
Find a practice
Contact us or provide feedback on the program.
Leave a message