Rural membership is free for RACGP members
Membership of RACGP Rural is automatic for all RACGP members practising in rural and remote Australia and is open to RACGP members who have significant past experience and have an interest in rural and remote general practice.
Membership of RACGP Rural is at no additional cost to your RACGP membership and is in addition to your state faculty membership.
Your RACGP Rural
- contributes directly to rural health policy reforms
- awards the Fellowship in Advanced Rural General Practice (FARGP) that increases confidence to practice in rural and remote Australia. Members are encouraged to consider the benefits of enrolling in the FARGP
- administers the Rural Procedural Grants Program (RPGP) on behalf of the Commonwealth Department of Health
- offers advice and guidance to students, registrars and new Fellows
- develops resources to assist GPs working in rural and remote Australia
- promotes general practice in rural and remote Australia.
How to join
- email - firstname.lastname@example.org and express your interest in joining. Please provide your RACGP ID
- over the phone - 1800 636 764
- in person (conference exhibition booths etc) - potential members can speak to their RACGP representative about joining RACGP Rural and their details will be collected and updated in our systems
What to expect
- e-newsletter Bush Alert – every quarter an e-newsletter is distributed to the membership, providing updates on current news, programs, events and opportunities relating to the work RACGP Rural undertakes
- Offers you the opportunity to contribute to projects, events and publications – members are encouraged to contribute and help inform the policy and advocacy work of RACGP Rural, as well as contribute to publications relating to rural and remote general practice. Other opportunities might include representing RACGP Rural at external events, or on specialist committees.