Congratulations to the successful nominated chairs to the following RACGP Specific Interests networks for 2019-21:
- Hester Wilson - Chair of Addiction Medicine Network
- Joanne Simpson - Chair of Allergy Network
- Wendy Burton - Chair of Antenatal and Postnatal Care Network
- Joel Rhee - Chair of Cancer and Palliative Care Network
- Atef Asham - Chair of Cardiology Network
- Gary Deed - Chair of Diabetes Network
- Trina Gregory - Chair of eHealth Network
- Jessica Kneebone - Chair of Environmental Impacts in General Practice Network (newly appointed following the retirement of Janie Maxwell)
- Patrick Clancy - Chair of Hospital Medicine Network
- Rebecca Stewart - Chair of Medical Education Network
- Michael Ellis - Chair of Musculoskeletal Medicine Network (newly appointed following the retirement of Scott Masters)
- Milana Votrubec - Chair of Pain Management Network
- Cathy Andronis - Chair of Psychological Medicine Network (newly appointed following the retirement of Darra Murphy)
- Kate Walker - Chair of Refugee Health Specific Interest Group
RACGP Specific Interests thanks Janie Maxwell, Scott Masters and Darra Murphy who have retired, for their work as network Chairs.
An election for the position of Chair, Custodial Health Network, was held following the retirement of Dr Tom Turnbull. Dr Penny Abbott has been elected as Chair. The RACGP SI thanks Dr Turnbull for his work as Chair and wishes him well in his new role.
The Breast Medicine Network has been a sub-group of the Cancer and Palliative Care Network for the past two years. In view of increasing activity, a decision was made by the RACGP Specific Interests to reinstate the group as a stand-alone network and call for nominations for the position of Chair. A ballot was held and Dr Alia Kaderbhai has been elected as network Chair.
Enquiries should be directed to RACGP Specific Interests by email at email@example.com or phone on 03 8699 0350.