The General Practice of the Year Award is designed to recognise practices for their approach to patients’ health and wellbeing. A winner will be chosen from each state, and one national winner will be chosen from amongst the state finalists.
Who is eligible?
General practices with a current accreditation through Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL) or GPA Accreditation plus can be nominated for the RACGP General Practice of the Year award.
Nominees for General Practice of the Year must have at least one current financial RACGP member within their practice and must provide information (including their RACGP membership number) for that RACGP member who will receive the award on behalf of their practice.
Important note: Practices which have been awarded the RACGP General Practice of the Year Award in the past, cannot be considered for this award again until a period of 10 years has elapsed.
Who can nominate?
The General Practice of the Year (nominee) may be nominated by a member of the medical profession, a member of the general public, a member of a regional training provider or division of general practice etc.
This award will be judged on the following criteria:
- the current accreditation status of the practice; nominations will only be accepted for this award where the relevant practice is an accredited practice
- the structure of the practice, including facilities for both patients and staff
- the services provided to patients by the practice (eg. patient education materials, health promotion, preventative care, reminder systems)
- delivery of services to patients by practice staff
- an outline of what differentiates the practice from other practices
- details of current involvement in general practice teaching.
To help encourage community engagement and let patients know they can nominate, we have created a Nomination Kit that can be downloaded at the bottom of this page. Practices are welcome to use the promotional material in the download to promote the awards and rally support for their practice. Within the kit, you will find a poster that can be printed and stuck up in your waiting room, as well as digital files such as images to use in social media. A pdf presentation has been included in the download to show you examples of how to use the files.