The Training Management System (TMS) is undergoing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday 3 October 2023 from 8:00pm to 9:00pm AEDT. During this time, the application will be unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Electronic prescribing allows for the prescribing and dispensing of medicines without the need for a paper prescription, which contributes to improved medicines safety.
Electronic prescribing can:
- improve patient safety by reducing the risk of transcription errors when prescribing and dispensing
- provide real time advice regarding potential drug interactions, allergies and adverse reactions
- support more accurate drug reconciliation
- reduce prescription misuse by making more data available for real-time monitoring
- reduce unnecessary paperwork, improving practitioner efficiency
- provide greater patient choice and support convenience of Telehealth
The RACGP has developed a range of resources to support general practices connect to electronic prescribing that can be accessed here.
Did you know you can now log your CPD with a click of a button?
Create Quick log