We’ll keep listening to you so our ongoing advocacy is shaped by your views and what matters most to you and your patients.
In 2023, we’ll continue to fight for:
- access to general practice care all patients need – in person and via telehealth
- government investment in longer consultations to create better outcomes for patients
- funding for regular and continuous general practice care for our most vulnerable communities
- support for coordinated care between GPs and hospitals to reduce preventable hospitalisations
- strengthened rural general practice capacity.
To support your long-term goals, professional development and wellbeing, we’ll continue to:
- keep you informed on changes affecting healthcare in Australia and your work in particular
- offer relevant, high-quality education and CPD activities
- expand the pipeline of future GPs to alleviate workforce shortages
- improve training, education and Fellowship exams
- keep you up to date on legislative changes affecting your CPD requirements
- support your efforts to upskill and adapt during challenging times; for example, we’ve awarded our members 75 CPD points in recognition of your extra work during the COVID-19 pandemic.