NSW Influenza Update 2021
Webinar 2 Mar, 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM (AEDT)
This webinar will focus on factors contributing to varying influenza impact in NSW in recent years. Additionally we will be discussing the impact and outcomes of the 2020 influenza vaccine to children under 5 years of age program. We will take you through which formulations of the 2021 influenza vaccine are available and their optimal use in eligible age groups, and how to utilise the NSW Health Flu Vaccination Tool Kit to optimise your vaccine supplies and maximise uptake of influenza vaccine.
- Prepare for the 2020 influenza season
- Be aware factors contributing to varying influenza impact in NSW in recent years
- Discuss the impact and outcomes of the 2020 influenza vaccine program including children under 5 years of age
- Recount the formulations of the 2021 influenza vaccine and their optimal use in eligible age groups including children under 5 and those aged 65 and over
- Utilise the Flu Vaccination Tool Kit to optimise your vaccine supplies and maximise uptake of influenza vaccine
This event attracts 2 CPD points
Dr Tim Senior
Tim Senior works as a GP at an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service in South West Sydney, and is involved in teaching medical students and GP registrars, and is active in policy development and advocacy in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health. He is an award winning writer on General Practice and Public Health, and is a contributing editor and member of Croakey Health Media. He is active on social media, and was named as one of the top 10 health users of Twitter in Australia.