NSW Flu Vaccination Update 2023
On-demand recorded 28 Feb 2023
Participants will receive an update on the 2023 NSW Influenza Vaccination Program to help ensure they are well positioned to support their patients for the coming influenza season.
- Discuss factors contributing to varying influenza impact in NSW in recent years
- Discuss the impact and outcomes of the 2022 influenza vaccine program including low uptake in children under 5 years of age
- Recount the formulations of the 2023 influenza vaccine and their optimal use in eligible age groups including children under 5 and those aged 65 and over
- Discuss strategies to increase uptake in at risk groups, especially children aged 6 months to under 5 years, pregnant women and Aboriginal people
- Utilise the Flu Vaccination Tool Kit to optimise your vaccine supplies and maximise uptake of influenza vaccine
Dr Tim Senior
Dr Tim Senior is a GP at the Tharawal Aboriginal Corporation in South West Sydney. He is Medical Advisor to the RACGP in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health and is a clinical senior lecturer in general practice and Indigenous Health at the University of Western Sydney.