How to grow your medical practice
Webinar 17 Feb, 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM (AEDT)
As an established practice owner, you’ve worked hard to grow your practice into a flourishing business. So, where to next? Whether you are looking to expand your current practice, acquire an existing practice or set up another new practice from scratch, it is important to understand the benefits and risks associated with each approach. In this session, we will provide you with insights and tips on how to plan for this next phase of growth and to help set the future direction of your practice.
Discussion topics and tips will include:
- Three common options for growing your practice:
- Expanding your current practice
- Acquiring an existing practice
- Setting up another new practice from scratch
- The advantages and disadvantages of each approach
- Understanding the finance options available to you
- Security of tenure and property (rent v buy, SMSF)
- Example case studies
- Define and articulate your practice growth objectives
- Compare and evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the three options for practice growth i.e. expanding your current practice, acquiring an existing practice or setting up another practice from scratch
- Understand the various finance options that are available to you to facilitate this growth, and recognise the benefits and risks associated with these
This event attracts 2 CPD points
Brett has nearly 30 years health management experience and currently works with and consults to a number of practices in various states across Australia. Brett promotes adopting “Quality as a Business Strategy” and embracing e-Health / m-Health through IT innovation in order to improve and provide significant benefits to patients, practice services and overall practice efficiency and profitability.
Brett is a previous National President of the AAPM and has been a member of a number of government and professional advisory groups, including PIP, PNIP, Medicare Compliance, Medicare Billing Toolkit, RACGP – Finance & Advocacy, and St Vincent’s GP Liaison Advisory Group.
Senior Finance Specialist
Luke Truscott is a senior finance specialist with over 20 years of healthcare banking and finance experience, predominantly in the medical and dental sectors. Luke is able to provide tailored financial solutions to his clients for both their personal and practice needs. Luke’s commitment to his clients has created long term relationships that span from the beginning of their careers as new graduates through to being fully qualified practitioners in their chosen field. Luke is passionate about helping medical and dental professionals achieve their business ambitions, from opening their first private practice to expanding and growing their businesses through to retirement planning.