Prescribing Opioids & Management of Opioid Dependence in General Practice
On-demand recorded 9 Feb 2021
With planning underway to establish a mandatory 'real time prescription monitoring' (RTPM) and authority management system in NSW, GPs will see the issue of managing opioid dependent patients become more prominent over the next few years.
This webinar will provide GPs with the opportunity to learn more about:
- Identifying patients with opioid dependence
- Treatment options including withdrawal management and opioid agonist treatment
A key focus will be depot buprenorphine, including patient assessment and selection, initiation and maintenance on treatment, treatment monitoring and cessation.
It will feature clear information about treatment options and management principles, case studies, and opportunity for questions and discussion.
- Assess patients and identify those with opioid dependence
- Select the most effective treatment options for managing opioid-dependent patients including withdrawal management and opioid agonist treatment
- Describe treatment with depot buprenorphine, including patient assessment and selection, initiation and maintenance on treatment, treatment monitoring and cessation.
This event attracts 2 CPD points
Dr Adrian Dunlop
Adrian Dunlop PhD, FAChAM, GradDipEpi&Biostat, is Area Director and Senior Staff Specialist, Drug & Alcohol Clinical Services; Conjoint Associate Professor, School of Medicine and Public Health, Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle; Assistant Clinical Advisor in Drug and Alcohol, Mental Health and Drug & Alcohol Office, NSW Ministry of Health and member, Centre for Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health, Hunter Medical Research Institute and University of Newcastle, New South Wale.