Keeping your practice COVID-safe
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, general practices have implemented a range of infection prevention and control measures in order to maintain the safety of GPs, staff and patients. Using current examples, this webinar will address practical solutions that you can apply to your practice including:
- Developing your COVID-safe plan
- Setting up your consulting room, waiting room and reception desk
- Triaging patients
- Use and supply of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Managing your practice equipment and resources.
SA Health and NT Health regulations, direction and resources will also be outlined.
- Outline the SA Health and NT Health regulations and direction relating to COVID-safe environments.
- Identify effective infection prevention and control equipment and resources for a COVID-safe practice
- Identify procedures that can be applied by GPs, practice staff and patients to maintain personal health and safety in a COVID environment.
This event attracts 2 CPD points
Dr Emily Kirkpatrick
Dr Emily Kirkpatrick is an Adelaide GP with additional public health training, working as the Deputy Chief Public Health Officer at SA Health. Emily is Deputy Chair of the RACGP SA&NT Faculty and chair of the RACGP SA&NT Education and Training Committee.
Prashiba Thavarajadeva has been a Practice Manager / Practice Owner of Mawson Lakes Healthcare, Ingle Farm Family Practice, Tusmore Avenue Surgery and Glenelg South Medical Centre for the last 11 years. He has 10 years’ experience in the corporate sector working in Telecommunications and Finance and is a qualified Engineer.