Hepatitis C: Treatment is Simple
On-demand recorded 4 Aug 2020
Primary care providers can play a critical role in the elimination of hepatitis C in Australia by 2030. This webinar will provide a clinical update on recent PBS changes to prescribing hepatitis C treatment in a primary care setting, including simplification of treatment options and removal of genotyping.
- Screen, order and interpret tests appropriately to diagnose chronic HCV infection
- Discuss strategies with patients to minimise transmission risk and improve liver health
- Perform the recommended pre-treatment assessment, including liver disease staging
- Determine the appropriate antiviral therapy for treatment of HCV and explain treatment to patient
- Implement monitoring and post-treatment follow-up recommendations
This event attracts 3 CPD points
Dr Anastasia Volovets
Dr Anastasia Volovets is a Gastroenterologist at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney.