Electronic prescribing update 2021
On-demand recorded 25 May 2021
Electronic prescribing is now available in most parts of Australia, with the majority of Australians now having the choice of an electronic prescription instead of a paper prescription.
This webinar provides an update on electronic prescribing and explains how electronic prescriptions can be managed via tokens and the Active Script List (ASL), a newer functionality that is now rolling out across Australia.
Download the webinar resource pack here
- Articulate how electronic prescribing works as a prescriber
- Articulate how a prescriber can issue a token directly to the patient, add it to their Active Script List or do both
- Describe potential benefits and limitations of electronic prescribing
- Explain how electronic prescriptions work for their patients
- Implement electronic prescribing in their practice
This event attracts 2 CPD points
Ms Angela Parker
Dr David Adam
MBBS, DCH, FRACGP
David is a general practitioner and hospice doctor in the eastern suburbs of Perth. He is a member of the Practice Technology and Management RACGP Expert Committee and represented the RACGP in the Electronic Prescribing Technical Working Group established by the Australian Digital Health Agency and the Department of Health.