COVID and pregnancy update
On-demand recorded 17 Mar 2022
Hear from obstetrician Dr Michael Gannon for an update on pregnancy and the impacts of COVID.
This webinar covers:
• the risks to pregnant women from COVID
• how the virus affects pregnant women and their babies
• the short and long term sequelae of infection
• vaccine efficacy and safety for pregnant women and their babies
• breastfeeding with COVID
• COVID and trying to conceive – including IVF treatment
• tips for improving vaccination rates in the pregnant population, and women trying to conceive
• tips for counselling patients when it comes to vaccination and COVID
- Discuss how the current COVID conditions in WA impact your role as a GP
This event attracts 2 CPD points
Dr Mariam Bahemia
Chair RACGP WA Education Committee
Dr Michael Gannon
Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Dr Michael Gannon is an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist in private and public practice in Perth. He is Head of Department, Obstetrics & Gynaecology at St John of God Subiaco Hospital.
Dr Gannon also works in the Perinatal Loss Service at King Edward Memorial Hospital (KEMH) and is the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) representative on the WA Perinatal and Infant Mortality Committee. He is interested in medical problems in pregnancy, high risk pregnancy and stillbirth prevention.
He is a member of the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) and the Board of the Australian Medical Association (AMA) in WA. He is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (FAICD).
Dr Gannon has been President of the Mutual Board at MDA National since November 2020.