Concussion: A primer for GP’s
On-demand recorded 4 Aug 2020
Concussion management requires a multidisciplinary assessment, coordinated by GPs. This webinar classifies concussion and traumatic brain injury, with special attention to underlying pathophysiological mechanisms related to concussion, and identification of headache and cognitive overlaps post head trauma.
- Classify concussion and traumatic brain injury, with special attention on the physiopathological mechanisms related to concussion
- Utilise the Sport Concussion Assessment Tool, characterise signs and symptoms related to concussion and its management
- Be aware of the importance of neuroimaging-related research
- Institute immediate headache management pathways and coordinate care
- Identify risk factors for headache disorders and cognitive overlaps post head trauma
This event attracts 2 CPD points
Dr Tim Senior
Tim Senior works as a GP at an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service in South West Sydney, and is involved in teaching medical students and GP registrars, and is active in policy development and advocacy in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health. He is an award winning writer on General Practice and Public Health, and is a contributing editor and member of Croakey Health Media. He is active on social media, and was named as one of the top 10 health users of Twitter in Australia.
Prof Antonio Di Leva
MD, PhD, FRACS
Professor Antonio Di Ieva is a Consultant Neurosurgeon with 18 years of experience in brain, skull base, peripheral nerve and spine surgery, as well as pain neuromodulation.