Family Violence GP Education Program - Facilitated by Dr Neha Parvatreddy
Face to face and digital 5 Jul, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (AEST)
Small group learning sessions delivered online
The RACGP is inviting GPs to undertake a complimentary online training program to build skills in responding to and recognising the signs of domestic and family violence.
This essential CPD training program is evidence based, free of charge and resulted from the findings of Australia’s first Royal Commission into Family Violence, held in Victoria, which recommended professional development training for GPs in family and domestic violence.
Earn up to 40 CPD points and join like-minded GPs, medical professionals, and healthcare workers as they share, discuss, and develop knowledge of family violence via peer-group learning activities.
- Discuss the various forms of family violence
- Identify indicators that a person might be experiencing family abuse or violence
- Manage patient’s disclosure of information relevant to family violence in a sensitive and timely manner
- Describe the DV-related referral and support pathways
- Outline the responsibilities of GPs under the new Information Sharing Schemes and MARAM Framework
This event attracts 40 CPD points
This event is part of Family Violence GP Education Program. Events in this series are: