RACGP members receive reduced pricing on all Australian Medicines Handbook (AMH) products.
AMH’s objective is to improve the quality use of medicines in Australia. We aim to do this by providing an evidence-based resource that is concise and easy to use for busy health professionals, but contains the key information required for better drug treatment and prescribing choices.
- Up-to-date source of independent, evidence-based drug information
- Includes indications, precautions, adverse effects, doses, patient counselling and practice points, brand names and products, among other things
- Comparative information makes it unique to other drug reference tools on the market and promotes informed prescribing choices at point-of-care
- Prescribing guides for children, the elderly, palliative care, renal impairment, pregnancy, obesity and more
- Appendices include drug interactions, specialised drugs, drug information centres, body surface area, reference ranges for common laboratory tests and average weights and heights for children
- Calculators for creatinine clearance, body surface area and ideal bodyweight
- New online Drug Interactions Search capability for interactions between drug/drug or drug/class pairs
Additional products can be purchased directly from AMH.
Nonmember $ 220
Clinical skills scenarios DVD – cases for GP educators and learners
The RACGP National Rural Faculty (NRF) offers a preparatory DVD for general practice registrars and other doctors in rural locations working toward their Fellowship of the RACGP.
The DVD contains 14 cases covering a range of clinical scenarios common across a well identified range of rural contexts. Each scenario deals with a different type of presentation, from a farmer with a cough to a full blown arm laceration, as well as associated office based procedures. The DVD runs for approximately 3 hours.
There is a PDF folder on the DVD which can be accessed via your PC’s DVD drive, and contains additional notes about each case.
Please contact the National Rural Faculty on 1800 636 764 to place your order.
The traveller's pocket medical guide
Packed with practical advice for overseas travellers, the guide is a useful reference for both health and travel professionals. An international vaccination record is one of many features that make it an ideal companion for travellers with an interest in protecting their health.
Member $3 each
Nonmember $4 each
(minimum order 10)