Member Census Competition – bonus question
Tell us the product or service the RACGP could provide and your reason(s) why in 25 words or less?
*Please note the competition deadlines for entries has been extended until 28 February 2021.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The Competition is a game of skill. Chance does not form a part of selecting the winner.
- The promoter is The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Ltd (RACGP), 100 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne VIC 3002. ABN 34 000 223 807.
Eligibility to enter
- Entry into this competition is free and is open to all RACGP members.
- RACGP employees, their immediate families, and all agencies associated with this Promotion, are ineligible to enter, claim or redeem prizes.
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of the competition terms and conditions.
- By entering the competition, entrants accept the competition terms and conditions.
- The Promotion commences at 12.01 am (AEDT) on 10 February 2021 and concludes at 11.59 pm (AEDT) on 28 February 2021 after which no further entries will be considered.
- To enter, participants must:
- Be 18 years or older
- A member of the RACGP
- Complete the entry form by submitting their name, RACGP membership number and email address and answer the bonus question: Tell us the product or service the RACGP could provide and your reason(s) why in 25 words or less?
- Entrants may only enter once.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete, late or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- All entries become the property of the promoter. By entering the competition entrants grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable license to the promoter for the use, reproduction, modification, adaption, publishing and display of their entry for an unlimited period and without remuneration for the promoter’s promotional and business purposes.
- In the case of intervention of some outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, the promoter may in its absolute discretion disqualify an entrant, cancel the competition entirely or recommence it on similar conditions at a later date.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of the promoter’s representatives. Entries will be assessed based on creativity.
- There will be six winning entries.
- The promoter will determine the winners on 8 March 2021 at the Promoter’s office at 100 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne 3002, Victoria by judging entries based on creativity.
- The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, entrant and voting.
- Winners will be announced within two weeks of judging by contacting the winners by email and posting the winners’ names and suburb of practice on the RACGP website.
- One prize will be awarded to each of the winning entries.
- First prize consists of free RACGP membership valued at approximately $1300, the five runner up prizes consist of a merchandise hamper valued at approximately $150 each and the total prize pool is valued at approximately $2050.
- Any ancillary costs incurred in connection with redeeming or enjoying a prize, (such as costs associated with accommodation, food and transfers) are not included in the prize, nor covered by the promoter.
- The winner must confirm acceptance of the prize within 1 month after being selected as the winner. If the winner does not accept the prize within 1 month after being selected as the winner, the promoter may forfeit the prize.
- Uncollected prizes will be mailed to the winners.
- In consideration of the promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner:
- Consents to the promoter using his or her name, likeness, image, voice and entry in any marketing and promotion of the competition, the promoter or the promoter’s organisation:
- Consents to the promoter using the information contained in the entry to improve the promoters products and services without further payment for its use:
- Agrees that the prize cannot be taken as cash and is not exchangeable or transferable.
- Prize values are approximate, and the RACGP accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If the prize is unavailable, the promoter may substitute the prize with a substitute prize, provided that the substitute is the same or similar value or specification as the prize.
- As a condition of winning, the winners may be required by the promoter to sign any legal documentation as determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion as a condition of acceptance of their prize, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Entrants warrant that:
- if the promotion is being conducted on social media, the Entrant has the right to use the social media account from which they are submitting their entry;
- the entry is the Entrant’s original work and the Entrant has the right to deal with it in connection with the promotion;
- the Entrant has obtained relevant consents and permissions from any individual featured in the entry in relation to the use of their image or personal information in connection with this promotion; and
- the entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party.
- The promoter is not liable for any loss, expense, damage liability incurred or suffered by entrants and winners in connection with the competition including:
- Any late, altered, lost, damaged or misdirected entries or prize acceptance, including delays due to technical disruptions or network congestion;
- Any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition;
- Any technical error, including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission or communication line or network failure;
- Any destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of entries; and
- Any use of the prize or any tax liability incurred by the winner as a result of accepting the prize.
- Entrants indemnify the promoter against any loss, expense, damage liability incurred or suffered for any breach of these terms and conditions.
- Nothing in paragraph 28 is intended to limit entrants’ or winners’ rights under the Australian Consumer Law 2010.
- The promoter collects personal information about entrants in order to run the competition and to comply with legal requirements about running this competition.
- By entering the competition, each entrant consents to the promoter using their personal information for purposes described in these terms and conditions.
- The promoter collects and uses entrants’ personal information in accordance with its Privacy Statement (available at racgp.org.au/usage/privacy/). The Privacy Statement contains information about how entrants may opt out of these activities, how they may access, update or correct their personal information, and how the RACGP deals with complaints.