We need to understand the views of our most important asset – our members – to best shape our future. This anonymous survey asked some tough questions about how we could better serve you, and we’re grateful to the almost 2800 members who gave us their valuable feedback.
Our goal in running this census was to kickstart meaningful and long-lasting change that ensures our work meets your expectations.
We’re making a commitment to continuous improvement, and we’re acting on the insights you’ve shared.
We were happy to hear almost 70% of GPs value their RACGP membership and consider it important to them, while also recognising more than eight in 10 would like to see us make some improvements.
You identified three key areas where you’d like us to focus our efforts:
- Being a strong advocate for GPs
- Ensuring the work of the RACGP is guided by member views
- Supporting training and education for GPs in training and managing Fellowship exams
These areas are core business for the RACGP, and we’re already ramping up our efforts in response to your insights. Our advocacy efforts will shine a light on the areas most important to you:
- Increasing government funding for the primary health system
- Tackling Medicare Benefits Schedule issues
- Improving the primary health system for better patient outcomes
- Monitoring the encroachment of other health professionals on GP services
- Reducing bureaucracy in the health system
We’ll also follow your feedback by focusing more on achieving fair remuneration for your skills and the services you provide, and helping you understand and adhere to regulatory and policy changes.
More broadly speaking, you feel we’re doing well in areas like setting clinical guidelines and professional standards, providing clinical information and resources, supporting professional development and keeping you informed of the latest general practice news. You’re also pleased with the support you’ve received from the RACGP during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You made it clear you want more value from your RACGP membership, so the census insights are a line in the sand. They’ve provided us with benchmark data to drive significant and visible transformation at the RACGP.