2014 – 2016 Triennium Requirements
The RACGP Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) Program supports Australian GPs to provide the best possible care for patients. The QI&CPD Program recognises ongoing education to improve the quality of everyday clinical practice by promoting the development and maintenance of general practice skills and lifelong learning.
The success of the RACGP’s internationally recognised QI&CPD Program is due to the central role of GPs in its design, development and ongoing review. The RACGP ensures a ‘Healthy Profession. Healthy Australia.’ with the delivery and ongoing enhancement of its QI&CPD Program,
The RACGP QI&CPD Program for the 2014-16 triennium aims to assist Australian GPs maintain and improve the quality of care they provide to patients and promote care of the highest possible standard to the community.
The QI&CPD Program has been developed to:
- foster the value of continuous improvement within the general practice setting
- provide GPs with opportunities and support in to participate in quality improvement activities that lead to improved health outcomes
- enable GPs to fulfil their individual and vocational continuing professional development requirements
- meet the needs of individual education interests by providing high quality learning activities delivered by RACGP accredited providers
- provide efficient tracking of completed continuing professional development activities