Your mentor training will be divided into the following areas:
Topic: The Role of the Mentor
This topic focuses on requirements for your role as a mentor, specifically:
- Introduction to mentees;
- Understand how to enhance networks for building resilience;
- Distinguish between the role of coach and mentor.
Topic: Mentoring Tools and Traps
This topic focuses on developing knowledge of how mentoring optimises human performance, specifically and the importance of the context in which mentoring is being applied:
- Establish relationship boundaries;
- Develop active listening skills as a mentor;
- Recognise conscious and unconscious bias, the risk of the ‘halo’ effect and focusing on being the best that you can be as a mentor.