This two hour Twilight Update presented a number of case studies, some lively role playing and ended with a panel discussion.
Facilitated by Dr Michael Johnston, the expert panel included Dr Wally Jammal (the risk), Dr Miriam Grotowski (the big picture), Ms Abby Landy (personal experience) and Dr Louise Tomlins (the ‘local’ picture).
- Identify a wider group for HIV testing within the patient population
- Encourage all sexually active adults with partner change to be screened annually
- Manage real and perceived barriers to screening for HIV
- Recognise the need for taking a sexual health history for more patients
- Recall system for at risk patients requiring regular HIV testing