A CPD home is an organisation accredited by the Medical Board of Australia’s (MBA) accreditation authority, the Australian Medical Council (AMC), to provide a CPD program for medical practitioners.
This could be an education provider, an organisation with primary educational purpose, or an organisation with a primary purpose other than education.
A CPD home must:
- provide infrastructure to house medical practitioners’ CPD program/s
- publish details of requirements, content/activities and fees associated with the provision of its CPD program/s
- ensure the relevance and developmental value of its CPD activities
- provide advice and support to practitioners on CPD requirements and relevant CPD activities
- report to the MBA on compliance with CPD requirements
- be accredited by the AMC and report on compliance within the accreditation criteria
A CPD home may also generate CPD activity content. To fulfil the MBA’s CPD minimum standard, you need to participate in a program run by an approved CPD home accredited by the AMC.
The RACGP is a CPD home with extensive experience in providing up to date, evidence based, professional development opportunities for GPs and those training to become GPs. As a CPD home, we will offer CPD home services to any medical practitioner not undertaking specialist training with another college, seeking quality education that is evidence based and backed by experience.