We’re excited to announce that the Certificate of Primary Care Dermatology is currently undergoing a full content and technology review. For this reason we are currently unable to accept new registrations for all modules with the exception of modules 4 and 5 which directly relate to the face-face workshop. Registrations will open again with the launch of the 2020 – 2022 triennium.
For those already enrolled, you can continue to use the existing platform. For all past and current enrolments, you will be given access to the new online platform once it is launched.
Expand your dermatological surgery techniques
RACGP is pleased to provide a weekend, face-to-face dermatological surgery skills workshop.
Participants are required to complete Module 4: Practical procedures in dermatology before attending Module 5: Dermatological surgery workshop.
The next workshop will be held on 3 & 4 August 2019 at the Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane, 23 Leichhardt Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000.
Please email email@example.com to register your interest to receive priority information.
- is available to all GPs and GP registrars who have completed an online education activity, Practical procedures in dermatology (the online activity takes approximately 16 hours to complete)
- will be conducted by the RACGP
- accommodates all skill levels
- has been very popular and successful when previously run
- has an enrolment fee
- is part of the Certificate of Primary Care Dermatology comprehensive training course.
- has been approved for 30 Category 2 Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) Program points (2017–2019 triennium).
Workshop symposium sessions include:
- biopsy techniques
- electrodessication and curettage
- intralesional steroid injections
- skin defect repairs; including flaps
- skin grafts (split and full thickness)
- closure options by anatomical site
- setting up your clinic for surgical procedures.
The workshop includes multiple practical, small groups sessions including performing basic surgery and flap repairs on pigs' bellies.
If flying to the workshop, please make sure you pack your surgical instruments into your checked in luggage.
You must not carry these on board the plane in your hand luggage.