Expand your dermatological surgery techniques
This two day workshop accommodates all skill levels and includes small group practical sessions performing basic surgery and flap repairs on pigs' bellies.
Workshop dates TBC
Participants must complete DermCert4: Practical procedues in dermatology prior to attending the workshop.
Save $390 by purchasing the workshop and DermCert 4 as a package!
- Explain how to perform cryotherapy, biopsies, curettage, intralesional steroid injection, suturing, flaps and skin grafts
- Describe the circumstances to perform and the risks of cryotherapy, biopsies, curettage, intralesional injection, suturing, flaps and skin grafts
- Explain when and how to use non-surgical treatments for skin cancer, including complications and risks
- Describe how to set up your clinic for surgical procedures and other specific requirements, including a surgical risk management checklist and register
- Undertake practical instruction in performing biopsies, suturing techniques, repairs and flaps
Topics covered include:
- local anaesthesia
- biopsy techniques
- electrodessication and curettage
- surgical anatomy
- elliptical excision surgery
- intralesional steroid injections
- sutures and suturing
- skin defect repairs; including flaps
- skin grafts (split and full thickness)
- closure options by anatomical site
- setting up your clinic for surgical procedures
- risk management for surgery related procedures
Surgical instruments will be provided at the workshop. Please do not bring your own surgical instruments.