As an international medical graduate, you could face many challenges in your journey to practice as a GP in Australia.
- You might feel overwhelmed by the information available online and find it irrelevant and hard to navigate.
- You could be demotivated by the complexity of making the transition and wondering if you have a chance.
- You may wish you had more support to understand and navigate the pathways available to you.
- You might have heard about the obstacles to settling in Australia and integrating into the Australian GP workforce, and are wondering if it’s worthwhile.
- You may feel anxious about completing your professional assessments for registration and wish more training was available.
Being an RACGP member helps you connect with like-minded medical professionals with shared experiences and provides you with relevant and easily accessible resources. It equips you with essential information about the Australian general practice system, including getting your international skills recognised and meeting the requirements for medical registration.
As a member, you can:
Becoming an RACGP member means you can:
- gain control and confidence to navigate your move to Australia
- feel supported on your personal and professional pathway to Australia
- belong to an international community that lets you to expand your professional horizons.