Zoom functions you will use
You will be sent an email with a Zoom link in the lead up to the interview date. Keep it in a place that is easily accessible on interview day.
On the interview day, ensure you are logged in to your Zoom account and that all your equipment is set up and working at least 20 minutes before the interview is schedule to start, so that you have time to resolve any technical issues beforehand. If you have forgotten your Zoom password, you can reset it by visiting zoom.us/forgot_password.
Ensure you have the reading material PDF downloaded onto your computer and opened in Adobe Reader ready for sharing.
Click the link in your email to join the interview. If you join before your start time, you will see a message that you are waiting for the host to start the meeting. If you join at the designated start time, you will arrive in the waiting room. An RACGP staff member will admit you and move you into the Interview Room ready for briefing.
Video and microphone
- If there is a red line through your video camera image, your video is off, and the applicant cannot see you. Click the video camera image to start your video.
- Your video must be switched on at all times.
- It’s recommended your microphone remains off throughout the interview unless you are directly addressing the applicant to limit the amount of background noise and distractions for the applicant.
- If there is a red line through your microphone image, your microphone is off, and the applicant and your fellow panel members cannot hear you. Click the microphone image to turn on your microphone.
- When you’ve given remote control of your screen to the applicant and you’d like to mute your microphone, please use the short cut (Alt+A), so you don’t take back control. Further information on keyboard shortcuts can be found here.
Best view to use
The best view to use is the ‘Gallery View’. This allows you to see the applicant down one side of the screen, and the reading materials and video feed on the other. The ‘view’ menu can be found on the top right-hand side of your Zoom interface.
1. Click the 'View' icon.
2. Click 'Gallery View'.