Why should you become a mentor?
As an IMG who has successfully completed your fellowship journey to Australia, you may want to:
- guide IMGs who aspire to become a GP in Australia
- help someone taking a similar path as you to Australia
- form meaningful relationships with others.
Mentoring will be a satisfying long-term experience that is as beneficial for you as it is the mentee. A mentee can help you to work on your own personal and professional development goals. Mentees can teach their mentors a lot about what it means to:
- be a strong leader
- have courageous conversations
- help your mentee navigate their daily challenges and big picture goals.
It can be a great opportunity to reflect on your experience and be reminded of important lessons. Likewise, mentees bring a unique perspective that a mentor may not always encounter.
The program is CPD accredited. Mentors will earn CPD points upon completion of the full program, from training commitments in January to the final mentoring session in December.
For details on how the CPD points will be calculated, please contact the RACGP Leadership Development team.